Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our Lady of Manaoag in San Pablo City

* the Our Lady of Manaoag

Despite having beliefs that are situated between the border of agnosticism and atheism, they have not hindered me from immersing myself in the religious landscape of the country that is both complex and attractive. Thus upon knowing that the Our Lady of Manaog is in the city, I naturally gravitated to the cathedral to take a look at it.

I found the statue of the Nuestra Señora del Santissimo Rosario de Manaoag flanked by individuals more or less praying to the virgin. Later I was to learn that she is the patroness of the sick, the helpless and the needy. Due to its crowns and halos that are decked with jewels, attempts were made then to steal them. Priceless on one hand, miraculous on the other. Tales are told that the statue has survived attempted destructions of the church where it was housed.

No comments:

Post a Comment