Monday, December 20, 2010

The Christmas Decorations at U.P. Los Baños

* a white Christmas tree; as usual, it is always higher than the (former) Admin Building

* Belen

* Santa lands on UPLB!

* Trailer Pransis striking a pose

I seem to recall that UPLB started installing impressive Christmas decorations after the onslaught of Milenyo in 2006. The wooden Nativity Scene was a commissioned work, constructed using the uprooted trees inside the campus during the said typhoon.

Indeed, the decors are leveling-up each year. But for those who have what I call ‘malilikot na isip’ (I apologize for this, as I cannot find right now an appropriate English translation of it), the issue of the tuition fee increase a few years back is recalled to the mind. Were these decors (and the lightings all over the campus) made possible by the student fees? I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment