Sunday, January 2, 2011

Food for the Trails: Tan Wa-Nam Restaurant, Rosario, Batangas

Hail, Food for the Trails

I have been looking forward in having this ever since I thought of sharing something about the food I eat as I go make tours to different places. This would not transform Back Trails into a food blog of some sort. But this, I think, would break the flow of the travel entries here. So here it is, Food for the Trails!

* Tan Wa-Nam Restaurant; easily accessible once you visit Rosario town proper

* a few decorations I saw during my last visit to the place

* Tan Wa-Nam’s pancit guisado

Tan Wa-Nam Restaurant

It is always good to have a taste of food of the towns or cities you visit. Though these may be common food, the ingredients and taste tend to be localized.

This can be seen in the case of the food served in Tan Wa-Nam Restaurant, found in the town proper of Rosario, Batangas. They offer their visitors different pancit dishes. Personally, I say that they are different compared to the ones found in San Pablo City. But this I think shows how our hometowns and their culture tend to define what we have, or what we consume for this matter. I have been eating at this place for a number of times already, and have never been disappointed.

You can visit Tan Wa-Nam Restaurant at D-59 Gualberto Avenue, Rosario, Batangas. Contact them at (043)321-1320.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the positive blog and pictures. Medz of the Batangas Province Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. Convenor for the Philippine Action Group for Social Responsibility, Inc.-Batangas Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ma'am for visiting this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete