Saturday, February 20, 2010

Travel’s Speed

* Crossing-Calamba, Laguna

Sometimes speed can be one of the most potent sedatives for our strongest emotions. I have seen a young couple drove an owner-type jeep recklessly inside the U.P. Los Baños campus while they are obviously in a bitter quarrel. I have seen a motorcycle slid down the main road after slipping off a flooded part of the road in Calauan, Laguna. I have witnessed a motorcycle crashed into an island in San Pablo City, Laguna, the rider’s arm pitifully broken. If not for such incidents, speed on the road could prove therapeutic in the face of our own dilemmas and worries.
     
Riding inside a nearly empty jeepney on the way home, I could have reached for the driver's shoulders and tapped them gratitude for allowing me to experience again those exhilarating moments in transit, when I felt that the 100+ kph thrust of the vehicle seemed to have stripped off my problems.
 
It is not an escapist thought. Perhaps we humans are designed to share feelings in our own ways.
  
I do not know if I am making any sense here.
  
I enjoyed immensely my ride in the jeepney last night.
  
That’s it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment