Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lakbay sa San Fernando, La Union: Views While in Transit (Part 1)


 * my stuff as they were being loaded inside the Partas bus  
   

* the sleepy station at early morning; shot from the departing bus
 
A few months ago I have mentioned a possible solo trip. And it materialized thanks largely to a conference in which I presented a paper (more on this in a later post). Destination: San Fernando, La Union, up north, and the place where my ancestors came from.
    


* view of a rising sun
 
* brief stopover in Pangasinan for a breakfast of goto,
last stop before arriving in San Fernando
   
It was a quote from Albert Einstein, and although I forgot the exact words it mentions the joy in traveling not in arriving. And so I am beginning my sharing here by showing some of the views I saw while trekking up the mountainous province of La Union. The back pains felt due to the long travel was nothing compared to the captivating views of the rising sun, of the towns slowly awakening up, and of the ever-present mountains on one side. True, I may have felt a bit sore and tired due to the bus ride but it was worth the wait. San Fernando, La Union is a treasure.

 * views from the bus

 * Santo Tomas La Union Gas Station

 * note from my diario de Viajes

[How to go to San Fernando, La Union: There are actually buses which pass through San Fernando, La Union. These buses can be found in the area of Pasay City, in Sampaloc (in Manila), and in Quezon City. I will be detailing the one found in QC, specifically the Partas Transportation Company Inc. The Partas bus terminal is found along Aurora Boulevard. This is on the left side of EDSA if you are facing the northbound lane. They have routes which pass through San Fernando, La Union. The one I got into has Abra as its destination. For the schedule, better check with the Partas office at these numbers: (02) 725-7303, (02) 724-9820.]
 

2 comments: