From its simple beginnings in the 90’s, San Pablo City’s Annual Coco Festival (or Coco Fest) has grown into an anticipated event in the country due to its attractive, and indeed lavish, line up of activities (particularly the Mardi Gras). The Coco Festival is usually held in the week leading to the city’s high feast day, January 15, when San Pableños celebrate the feast of Saint Paul the First Hermit (San Pablo ang Unang Ermitanyo). This year’s schedule is fortunate as the last day of the Coco Festival would coincide with January 15. For sure, activities for this day will be made as grand as possible.
Shown below is the schedule of activities for this year’s Coco Festival. I got this from sanpablocity.net website.
- 10:00 AM (SM City Atrium) Pre-Pageant of Munting Lakan at Mutya ng San Pablo
- 1:00 PM (SM City Atrium) Pre-Pageant of Lakan at Mutya ng San Pablo 2012
- 7:00 PM (City Plaza (Main Stage) United Pastors Council (UPC) Night
- 4:00 PM (SM City Atrium) Grand Fashion Show of Munting Lakan at Mutya, Coco Star, and Lakan at Mutya ng San Pablo 2012
- 7:00 PM (City Plaza Main Stage) DepEd / TESDA Night
- 4:00 AM (ABS-CBN Studio) Umagang Kay Ganda (UKG)
- 7:00 PM (City Plaza Main Stage) Sangguniang Panlunsod / SK Night
- 8:00 AM (City Plaza in front of Library Building) Sapol sa Singko (TV 5), Opening of Coco Trade Fair 2012
- 6:00 PM (City Plaza Main Stage) Munting Lakan at Mutya ng San Pablo 2012 Grand Coronation Night
- 8:00 AM (Pamana Hall) Coco Cook Festival
- 6:00 PM (City Plaza Main Stage) Lakan at Mutya ng San Pablo 2012 Grand Coronation Night
- 7:00 PM (SM City Atrium) Battle of the Bands
- 11:00 AM (City Plaza Main Stage) Coco Carnival Queen, Float Parade, Annual Street Dancing Competition
- 7:00 AM (City Plaza Main Stage) BM Angelica Jones Alarva, San Miguel Night
- 7:00 AM (City Plaza Main Stage) Gov. Jeorge “E.R.” Ejercito Estregan’s Night
- 1:00 PM (City Plaza Main Stage) BANDA SIKLABAN
- 7:00 PM (City Plaza Main Stage) Mayor Vic Amante / Sponsors’ Night (Fireworks Display)
[For more information regarding the Coco Festival, please contact the City Administrator’s Office at (049) 503-1522.]
Hopefully I would be able take some time off to roam th city plaza in the coming nights and take some photos to be shared here.