Sunday, March 25, 2018

On Travel and Confinement


“Travel broadens...” says the book* I am currently reading. Entirely true whenever you do it for it gives you different viewpoints, realizations, enables you to meet different people, among many others.

Equally (perhaps more) broadening is when you are stalled, when you are hindered from going outside. It allows you to take stock of the past – mistakes, triumphs, and everything in between – and get a better sense of where you are right now and where you are headed.
  

It’s exactly the thought running through my head right now as I nurse multiple flesh wounds and a number of stitches. A recent event changed me physically. And I know deep down it has changed on how I view life now.

Makes me cherish more the time I have so far and the travels I had with the people I care about.

And makes me look forward to the moment when I can finally go outside and enjoy places, people, food, etc., without carrying grudges over the incident.

Been adhering to a specific form of philosophy but one thing it does not change is the deeply-entrenched belief that life – in all of its forms – carry with it an inherent character of optimism, of joy, of hope.


* “The Game” Laurie R. King
    

No comments:

Post a Comment