Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Anticipating June History-Related Events

Junes comes with the festive atmosphere of Rizal @ 150 celebrations discernible in the air. There are the tarpaulins and posters posted in key places in public areas. But I am personally anticipating first, of course, the June 19 celebrations (I still have no plans where I shall travel to see the Rizal Day celebrations) plus three other events. I am not sure if I would be able to attend to all these events but they are nevertheless worth mentioning here.

Presented by RockEd Radio (of Gang Badoy)
Rizal et al.: A Casual conversation on Jose Rizal and his Contemporaries


Guest: Prof. Michael Charlston Chua - Vice President, Philippine Historical Association
[I’ve just recently joined this group]

Date / Time / Venue: June 4, 2011 | 3 pm | Lopez Museum

For more information, visit Gang’s Tumblr site here.

History Comes Alive! with Dr. Ambeth Ocampo:
Mukhang Pera! Banknotes and Nation


Another lecture of Sir Ambeth to look forward to. I hope that I would be able to attend this time to charge my spirits with history and consequently ‘fuel’ my little history-related studies.

Date / Time / Venue: June 25, 2011 | 3 pm | Ayala Museum lobby

For more information, visit Ayala Museum’s website here.

Chants for Rizal at Templo Rizal
by
Pananampalataya ng Kapatirang ang Litaw na Katalinuhan


I didn’t know that there is such a temple in my home city of San Pablo. I thought that such groups are only found in Mount Banahaw. This is going to happen only once so I better be present during the chants.

Date / Time / Venue: June 18, 2011, Brgy. San Juan, San Pablo City, Laguna

For more information, visit the website of National Historical Commission of the Philippines here.

So there you have it. The next seven months of the year would definitely be history-filled for me.

1 comment:

  1. wow.. i'll attend sir Ambeth ocampo's lecture.. hihi.. i'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete