Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My First History Research Paper


I have loved written words (or typewritten/computerized ones) since I was in the fourth grade. And I think this passion moved me to write my own, however naively. Science papers, poetry, essays. Even just the thought of writing any one of them fires me up. Drafts? I love drafts. Especially if those drafts find their way into printed and published forms.

And such is the story of my first history research paper, the core motivation of which was to learn more about a particular period in our city’s history. The published material is a reward in itself. It fuels me to do more, to dig more about our city’s past.

But beyond the personal gratification, my inspirations must not be forgotten. Two individuals witnessed my labor for this one, and for that I am grateful for seeing through my desire to work on this history-related paper. This work is for them.

The joy of the moment is here but we must move on: back to research work!

(See the paper at E-Journals.ph here entitled Familia Guerilla: Ang Pamilya Eseo at mga Pagbabagong Panlipunan sa Lunsod ng San Pablo, Laguna Noong Ikalawang Digmaang Pandaigidig.)

No comments:

Post a Comment