Monday, October 25, 2010

Circuiting Manila 8: De La Salle University

* the Don Enrique Yuchengco Hall

* the university’s amphitheater

* view of St. Joseph and Velasco Halls

This one I found among my files. I have visited La Salle twice: first when I had to make an oral presentation of our research (it was a harrowing experience), and second when I had to obtain microscope images of the samples for my thesis. My impression of the university was it is a school for the rich and showbiz personalities.

As to its roots, it was established in 1911 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools but we call them La Sallian Brothers. The first campus was found in Paco, Manila. It was only in 1921 that they decided to move to Taft Avenue due to space considerations.

* one of the thought-provoking view that can be seen from the inside, an evidence that disparity still exists

* a view of one of the rooms in La Salle

* a lobby facing Taft Avenue

* Trailer Pransis, anxious for the coming oral presentation

Although their elaborate ID system for visitors gave me a headache, I enjoyed obtaining the ID pass for all the university’s gates. Some of the fine discoveries inside were the Green Archer statue and their solar-powered car. Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment